FREE MOVING ESTIMATE
Packing and Boxes:
Van Lines of America has durable, professional quality moving boxes for sale or rent at affordable prices. Listed below is a guide to help you choose the right box and moving supplies for the job.
(24x21x48) Clothes on hangers can be taken directly from your closets and hung in a wardrobe box. This eliminates the need to iron or clean your clothes after the long move is completed.
- Use these boxes as a portable closet to help move your clothing. Clothing remains on hangers so that they stay wrinkle-free and clean.
These boxes are specially designed to protect mirrors, paintings and other small valuable objects.
- Specially designed telescoping cartons fit mirrors, pictures and glass tabletops exactly. Each carton has heavy corrugated braces that reinforce each corner.
(18x18x28) These are extra strength boxes used to protect fragile items such as dishes, china, glassware, figurines and other small valuables.
- These cartons are reinforced with cellular inserts to further protect items such as crystal stemware, china, glassware, figurines and sculptures. Each carton should be labeled, “Fragile-This End Up” to avoid damage
(24x18x18)These are used for lightweight bulky items such as linens, blankets, towels and lampshades.
- These boxes are very useful for packing light weight, bulky items such as pillows, linens and large toys.
(18x18x16)These are best suited for pots and pans, kitchen utensils, stereo equipment, shoes, toys, clothes and small appliances.
- This size box is ideal for small appliances, tools, non-perishable food or clothing. Packing similar items together will make unpacking easier
Small Box/book box
(16 3/8 x 12.5 x 12.5) These are used to pack heavy items such as books, records or tools.
- Small, easy to handle cartons designed for heavy items like books, CD’s, and DVD’s. Be sure not to overload the carton, as it may become too heavy for handling. Be sure to individually wrap any very old or valuable books.
Mattress/Box Spring Carton
These boxes keep your beds clean and scuff-free. The cartons are available in various sizes to suit your needs.
- Available from crib to king mattress sizes, they will protect mattresses and box springs from dirt and tearing and help to provide structural support to avoid bending.
Heavy Duty Tape
This tape will seal boxes, cartons and other packages.
This is important to protect delicate and fragile items.
Miscellaneous items: Electronics and Glass
It is import to be aware that your electronic equipment may require special preparation. It is important to detach all cords and wires and keep them in a labeled bag so that you know where they belong. When transporting computers, scanners or printers, be sure to detach cords and wires, paper trays, etc, and label all cables and wires for easy re-assembly. Be sure to use well padded, sturdy cartons to cushion the equipment. Mark these items, “fragile.” Flat screen TVs, (plasmas, LCDs or LEDs) will require extra padding and protection. If possible, pack it in its original carton. If these cartons are not available, consider crating the item prior to moving day. For an additional charge the movers will pack all Flat Screen televisions if you would like. All mirrors and any items that have glass need to be packed securely for transport and labeled “fragile” as well. This is also a service we can provide. Please be sure to let your moving consultant know beforehand.